Friday, August 20, 2010

I have olive toned skin and dark acne scars on my back what can I do to help them fade? Retin-a or tanning?

I dont remember having scars on my back when I was younger but it might be due to the fact that I dont tan anymore. I used to do that all the time when I was younger and think that hid any scars on my back. But my dr. gave me retin a for my pimples.I have olive toned skin and dark acne scars on my back what can I do to help them fade? Retin-a or tanning?
Try a cream called 'Mederma' %26amp; tanning will hide them, not fade them.....but tanning does indeed work %26amp; serves a purpose.I have olive toned skin and dark acne scars on my back what can I do to help them fade? Retin-a or tanning?
Thank you for best answer, sa3461. I really hope the Mederma works for you; it does for most people, so you should probably see good results as well. ~~God bless!~~ Report Abuse

Tanning can actually make acne scars worse. The skin from a scar is extremely photosensitive, and exposure to the sun can cause this skin [and your scar] to darken permanently. You should be using a sunscreen of at least SPF 15 with UVA and UVB protection to prevent further damage and allow the scars to fade on their own.





Alternatively, you can try a gentle at home chemical peel, like makeupartistschoice.com lactic acid peels to help speed up the process of fading. These peels speed up the skin's natural exfoliation process, and reveal fresh, even skin underneath. It does take some patience thought - about 2 months of weekly use. You will need to use sunscreen for 6 months following a peel, but you should be wearing sunscreen everyday anyways! :)
first try proactive if that don't help then see your doctor it does help

No comments:

Post a Comment