Friday, August 20, 2010

Do you think you should let your Scars should ruin your self esteem?

I got diagnosed with cancer about 4 months ago, and have to have surgery. I had 5 inches removed from my thigh, and im very tiny, so it looks even bigger. They said it wont look like a ';normal'; scar for about a year. My concern is that people will stare at it and ask questions, or that this now alters the way i look to some people. Should I be honest when people ask or keep it to myself?Do you think you should let your Scars should ruin your self esteem?
I have had 15 surgeries in my life and I am quite scared I also have a large scar from a third degree burn. Most are noticeable





I have found that if you are OK with them than others are as well. It toOK a while but I am ok with them now.





Most people do not star or make comments but if one does I make a remark like '; you should see what the other guy looks like';


or '; I am horrible in the Kitchen , you better not get close to me when I am making a salad'





For those close friends who really care I would tell them.





But if you do not make a big deal no one else will accept jerksDo you think you should let your Scars should ruin your self esteem?
you have always had that certain you that you share with the general public. there is, also, the you that is somewhat more private and you only share with those involved in your life.





as you go about your daily life you have scenarios where there is a place for everything and everything in its place, a time for everything and everything in its time. your ability to exercise these discretion's should help you to keep this new problem in prospective. your private support will stand by you in your time of need. you need them to understand and i'm sure that they will. this is the time when you need to let those special to you help you.


and you know, this too shall pass.
No, because not all the people concentrate on your body shape or something, but they see your inner side. If our people here, we not really think about beautiful people, but people who have good heart or good attitude.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/productli鈥?/a>





There's a long list of various treatments for scars.





Take it from someone who used to extensively cut themselves on purpose in their youth... While my forearms are riddled with them I'm amazed at how many people don't don't notice. I don't even notice or care anymore.





If someone asks you should respond in a manner that makes you feel comfortable. Only you can decide. ';I'd rather not say.'; ';It's personal.'; ';I prefer not to talk about it.';





How you are perceived has just as much if not more to do with your personality as your appearance. Good self-esteem has very little to do with what you look like if at all. It comes from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment