Monday, August 23, 2010

I have scars all over my wrists and arms...is there anyway to get rid of them?

I used to cut my wrists and arms and i was wondering is there anyway to get rid of the scars? Or just make them fade a bit more??I have scars all over my wrists and arms...is there anyway to get rid of them?
There is nothing that will make this look better. Over the next year, they will fade slightly, becoming closer to the color of the surrounding skin but will never go away. They will always be visible and you will probably have to answer questions about them the rest of your life. One option when you get older is to save up and have some laser treatments done on the area to lessen their appearance. You can try some bio-oil or mederma but the results from either of these is fair to poor at best.I have scars all over my wrists and arms...is there anyway to get rid of them?
If time doesn't take care of it doctors can fix it. I don't think insurance would cover it because it would be considered cosmetics. It will take a chunk of money. You have to decide if its worth it. Maybe you could keep them as a reminder of how far you have come in life emotionally. I don't know you but at least you no longer cut yourself, so you have made some progress.
Just tell people you were in an auto accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment