Monday, August 23, 2010

Plastic Surgery and scars. What would the end result be?

I have a scar on my forearm and my GP referred me to a Plastic Surgeon to have it removed.


He said that they would cut away the current scar tissue and then stitch it back up.


He said that instead of my large, wide and raised scar the scar would just be a thin line.





Is this true? I was under the impression that stitches left relatively large scars.Plastic Surgery and scars. What would the end result be?
Your plastic surgeon is right. There are so many different types of stitches that if its plastic surgery then the stitches will look not much different at first but after 6 months it will just be a thin line slightly paler than your normal skin colour. The only time this will ever really be noticed is if you get a tan but that can be sorted out by fake tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment