Saturday, July 24, 2010

Can using a tanning lamp help to clear up acne,and minimise old acne scars?

No...the rays just make it harder for your skin to heal itself. Save your money...see a dermatologist instead.Can using a tanning lamp help to clear up acne,and minimise old acne scars?
In the short term, tanning lamps may help to clear up acne. The problem is, tanning dries your skin. All of those dry and dead skin cells on the surface of your skin actually can lead to clogged pores, making acne worse in the long term.





As far as minimizing old acne scars, it would depend on what kind of acne scar you have. If you have holes or pits, tanning isn't going to do anything. If you have red spots from old pimples, tanning may disguise it, but it's only temporary.





Tanning is just bad, all around. You are looking for a quick fix. This quick fix is going to make you look worse in the long run. I would rather have a couple of zits on my face then be plagued with premature wrinkling, brown spots, and leathery skin forever. Tanning also puts people at risk for skin cancer. Is covering up your acne essentially worth risking your life?





See a dermatologist for more safe and effective ways to control your acne, or just keep trying different products to see which one is effective for you. Wash your face 2x a day, use a toner/astringent, and moisturize your skin. Make sure all the products (including makeup) you use on your skin are oil free.Can using a tanning lamp help to clear up acne,and minimise old acne scars?
tanning will make it worse surely??? as someone with psoriasis i can tell you that anything to do with sun (and tanning lamps)make you worse not to mention drying out your skin.see a dermatologist if this is getting you down its not worth the cancer risk.Good luck!
As you tan it may make the scars more apparent. Also of course it will increase your skin cancer risk. So it hasn't got a lot going for it.
no. It actually makes it worse.
i red that the tanning lights do nothing for the skin apart from make your spot scar your face
I am the same as you and I am so depressed for the past 5 years!!! it destroy my confident and self esteem and don't dare to go out with my friends. I tired many skin care solutions and products but none of them are effective :%26lt;%26lt;





Till last month, I found this site and they recommend a book which I have get rid my acne within 3 days with the instruction given!! I don't believe it as the first place and tot it is a SCAM!! But come to think about it, what else can be worst!!





So I give it a try and the miracle happen!! with the nature method provided in the book, I get rid of my acne which ';accompany'; me for 5 years!!





You can get the review here and I hope it ready help you and turn you life to positive after a week, just like me.





http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-remove-acn鈥?/a>
definately! it helped me a lot, i do take minocin tablets also, and found the 2 combined really helped! also goji berries and manuka honey!
My Dr said that tanning dries the upper layer of skin but 'activates' the oil production in the pores. Because of that it can make it worse. ... Wouldn't have any effect on acne scars. May make them more noticable due to drying that surface layer of skin. But it wouldn't cause your body to change/fill in scarring already there. And if it's pale spots you have that are scars, they won't tan the same as the rest of your skin. You have to give pale scar spots time to normalize.


And the tanning lamps are bad over-all.

No comments:

Post a Comment