Saturday, July 24, 2010

Can you be a model with body scars?

I had an allergic reaction to an oak tree and broke out in hives. When I finally did recover from it after a few weeks it left me with dark scars from scratching the bumps. I have them all over my shoulders, chest, and some on my legs. their not THAT bad but their not appealing either.


I really wanted to model but beacuse of the dark spots im really self concious. Can you still model with them? I heard they can photoshop and airbrush but won't the photographers give you **** for it?


HELP!Can you be a model with body scars?
It really depends on what you are doing. If you are doing print modelling or catalogue stuff they can work around it. If you want to do runway stuff that may be harder to break into.Can you be a model with body scars?
To be completely honest, the modeling industry is extremely fussy about any flaws in appearance, and if these scars are permanent and highly visible, chances are that you will be rejected for a lot of jobs.





Modeling agencies and potential employers are looking for the most perfect model available to them and if you are ever applying for a job or to join an agency, there are going to be tens to hundreds of other applicants that don't have this. I know photo-shop is available but you are not going to be taken on with the intention of them airbrushing you, its just more work for them.





But when it comes to modeling, its a vast occupation with many, many openings and becoming a model is not as hard as people think, just not doing the type of jobs people normally associate with modeling when they think of it.





Long story short, yes there is always modeling jobs out there, but your scars may hold you back from establishing a name for yourself in the industry.
I do modeling and I have a huge 3rd degree burn on my left leg.


I got it when I was in 5th grade and still hasn't healed!


But my agency has never said anything about it. %26amp; with summer photoshoots coming up, a lot of skin will be showing!


I'd just recomend putting neosporin or any other kind of scar healing ointment on them at least twice a day.


They will improve. %26amp; if you're talented and have potential, they wont kick you out for some old scars.They can EASILY fix little flaws.


Ohhh %26amp; depending on your age and what agency, most Professonial no-scam agencies do not prefer tatoos, so if you have none of those, you should be good!


BEST OF LUCK%26lt;3
They have creams that help them fade. Photographers arent going to give you ****, they edit photos regardless if the model needs it or not.


And depending on what you are modeling for they sometimes airbrush tan you which covers up scars and freckles sometimes. I wouldnt worry too much about it. If you want to model, Id do it!
I think that is a very interesting question. Did you ever watch Americas Next Top Model? This past season there was a girl in the competition that was covered with horrible burn scars on about 80% of her lower body but she was still beautiful. You should google ';Tahlia Brookins';





I think you should go for it!!!!
They can cover a lot of it, my ex-gf was a model and she went through a period where she cut herself. They just used makeup and stuff to conceal it.
if the scars arnt that bad you can allways just use make up on them


but depending on what model your planning on being you could go a bit drastic and get lazer surgery :]
They airbrush anyway, as well as do many other things to make the photos as perfect as possible.





I would not let that hold you back if you want to try to model.
the scars should fade, i think you can buy fading creams too
yes. Photoshop and body make up does wonders.
yeah if u can hide em

No comments:

Post a Comment