Monday, July 26, 2010

Does Vitamin E creams or pure oil really work on scars?

I've heard that Vitamin E is great on scars. I scar very badly, and it shows, especially on my face, which is rather bad on my cheeks due to acne. I've been using The Body Shop Vitamin skincare range and have seen only limited results. Does this actually work? Or is there anything else I can try?Does Vitamin E creams or pure oil really work on scars?
Vit E and other scar-reducing creams only work on fresh scars. The only thing for old scars is to help minimize their appearance. Since the skincare products can only do so much to correct them from the inside you need microdermabrasion or peels to help minimize the scars from the outside. I would seek out a licensed aesthetician in your area that uses Physicians Choice products and talk about the different peels they offer. Jane Iredale is a makeup line that is mineral based and was developed by a woman that wanted to look normal after surgical peels. Supplements like evening primrose can also help. Check out Sunshine Living ampoules for scarring too. Good luck.Does Vitamin E creams or pure oil really work on scars?
Yea Vitamin E oil works,but give it time,its not gonna do it overnight.say a few months or so
Yes. Vitamine E is normally called Tissue Oil. I used to scratch my pimples, leaving me with scars. I used Tissue Oil on my face. I used to put on the oil just before going to bed, that way you don't rub too much off of the oil. The trick is, don't stop after a week, it takes a while before you see a difference, but it works.
Cosmetic Surgery only will work
try that cocoa butter stuff. ooh n that bio oil xxx
It is good until old scars are not formed. Also buckthorn seeds oil is good in preventing bad healing of skin, it contains more different active things.
yes - cvs brand at 110,000 works well
I have a really bad scar on my hand from a bagel toaster at work. I bought that new Olay two in one microdermabrasion and chemical peel kit thingey.





I've use it twice on my hand so far, and so far so good. The scar isn't as reddish in colour as it usually is...and my mom seems to think the size itself is shrinking a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment